Being healthy in today’s running world becomes a challenge. It is important for the healthcare centres to take needful precaution in this current COVID-19 period. There are several measures followed at healthcare centres apart from following basic precautions like maintaining social distancing from people, washing our hands frequently, wearing a mask, and avoiding shaking hands. Below are safety codes of behaviour followed by healthcare centres to prevent from COVID-19 infection spreading to visiting patients as well as medical staff.
- The health centre must have expedient hand sanitizing stations throughout the centre.
- Extra sanitation should be inpatient rooms and all surrounding areas of the centre, multiple times daily.
- Use ultraviolet decontamination and high-tech robots for no-touch.
Employee Precaution Standards:
- Employees in the health centre put on suitable personal protective equipment before entering, throughout their shifts and after leaving the centre.
- Before entering the centre, screening tests and temperature checks are rigorously enforced.
- An employee should use sanitizer before touching the patient.
Personal Care Equipment:
- As discussed above, masking is one of the best preventive measures from COVID-19. All employees, vendors and visitors should wear a mask in the hospital.
- Based on the proximity to patients and their function all employees wear protective equipment to be safe.
- Outpatients and inpatients are also masked before entering the hospital and in the waiting hall.
- Processes are constrained to those that are emergent and medically indispensable.
- Patients should follow guidelines instructed by the nurses in the health centre.
- Patients who have appointments must do a screening test before following the guided procedures.
- Patients in the emergency department are provided with care according to their condition.
- Patients who get affected by COVID-19 are immediately shifted to the special ward to avoid spreading for the other client.
- When symptoms get triggered high the patient is isolated and from the patient with other concerns.
- Patients should wear masks compulsory when inside the emergency department.
- Before getting into the emergency department all patients are screened for symptoms and separated according to their severity.
Hospital Canteen Guidelines:
- Canteen must be hygienic, and it is safe to be closed to the general public.
- Approved members in the hospital only purchase snacks and meals.
- Approved members can sit and eat by keeping distance to avoid spreading the infection.
- The attendant should make sure that all who enter practice proper distancing and hand cleaning.
Above all measures should be followed to get easy recovery. Other than that inclusion criteria includes avoiding too many appointments and reducing traffic in the waiting room. Changes in the waiting room like separating the chairs and less furniture or asking them to wait outside by keeping the distance.
Educate people about the importance of these measures and make them follow their rules by providing the equipment. It’s okay to seek professional help to reduce stigma about COVID-19. People who aren’t affected by COVID-19 should respect and help people with COVID-19 positive.